Position Summary and General Description
Superintendent oversees the field crews in the operations department and professionally represents Camp on the jobsite. Responsible for preparing job cost estimates, negotiating purchases and contracts, establishing construction schedules and reviewing accounting reports.
The Superintendent will be called upon to communicate effectively with other Camp employees, vendors, subcontractors and clients including property-level personnel. Superintendents should have sufficient education, experience and communication skills to effectively discharge their assigned duties.
Specific duties will vary based on the size, complexity and type of project assigned but will generally be assigned to complex, large scope, long duration jobs. A Superintendent usually will be assigned multiple jobs. Typically, a Superintendent is responsible for the following key elements of each assigned construction project:
- Prepare cost estimates, construction budgets and construction schedules.
- Inspect worksites.
- Determine material, subcontractor and labor requirements.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Coordinate and direct all on-site activities of Camp employees, sub-contractors, craftsmen, tradesmen and vendors to ensure that the CAMP’s goals and standards are met.
- Buy-out of jobs within an approved construction budget of less than $5,000.00
- Assist salesman/project manager with buy-out of jobs in excess of $5,000.00.
- Ensure that jobs are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Review invoices and timesheets to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract terms.
- Travel to remote markets to prepare cost estimates, establish operations, follow local building codes, means and methods.
- Identify, investigate and select local subcontractors and vendors.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a rapidly growing and dynamic company, Camp employees can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
- High sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Goal oriented, results driven
- Resilient, recovers quickly from adversity
- Team player with good social skills
- Takes responsibility
- Good leadership skills
- Creative problem solver
- Diplomatic, tactful